Monday, January 5, 2009

Moving Moments

I celebrated my 4th “mooniversary” with another house moving. This will be my 3rd relocation in 4 months!

I still remember the day I moved in to room 101 in the service apartment, everything is so unfamiliar, as I look at my room where I was to spend the next couple of months. It seemed like a long time initially, but somehow 3 months crept by quietly and quickly.

Separation was never easy. For Ranjit, it’s harder as he gets quite emotional which I found out. I have seen him staring into space when he first came back from his home visit, a few times with watery eyes. For the past two weeks, he would tell me “no go, please?” at least twice a day. However, as D-day got closer, there were tears in his eyes each time he pleaded with me to stay…

As much as I will miss him, his cooking and his company, I am looking forward to my own apartment. A place of my own and being able to cook for myself. I will not need to squeeze on public buses commuting between home and work anymore and I can run on campus grounds once again. Freedom and independence!

Ranjit called me the first night I moved. He asked if I had my dinner, told me I could go buy some bread and jam so that I can have them for breakfast, and reminded me to take good care of myself. It’s heartbreaking when he said he will not be able to ask me what I will like to have for dinner or what time I'm going back anymore... :(

No comments: