Saturday, January 24, 2009

CSI – Part 2

If it’s not the CAT, then what could it be?

I tried to pick up the pieces of melon skins as I analyzed the situation. I stopped. I should not disturb or destroy any evidences before I document them. I shall leave them for tonight as I’m running late for my dinner appointment.

I went to the sink wanting to wash my hands and there I discovered something else. There was no water. The tap had been left open. I checked the other taps in house. Not a single drop is there. “Fabulous. He cut off my water supply. This is really the work of an expert.” I thought to myself.

Reluctantly, I left the mess behind and went for my dinner appointment. I could not enjoy the dinner. All the while, I’m back at the crime scene...

I must have taken tens of pictures of all the evidences from all angles, including the cockroach, which was still lying where I found it in the morning. There was no water still. I could not take a shower that night. I decided to leave the cleaning up til the next morning. Hopefully the water supply would have returned by then. The only consolation I had is that my room was apparently intact and no important documents or valuables were stolen.

I could not sleep that night. Thoughts of how the crime took place were swirling in my mind. Action plans A-Z for the next day were being formed. It’s a long weekend and the offices will be closed til Tuesday. Preventive measures need to be put into place. More than anything else, my heart pained at the wrecked kitchen which I had spent much efforts setting up. Cleaning and decontamination is going to take some time.

It’s Chinese New Year coming Monday. All cleaning and restoration work must be done before that and that leaves me only two days for everything. How exciting...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow KeeLeng !!

Anxiously awaiting the rest of the story!

Bastet said...

Monkeys??? :)