Dussehra is a festival to celebrate the victory in vanquishing a demon. In Karnataka, where Bangalore is situated, the festival is celebrated with the worship of implements used in daily life such as computers, books, vehicles, kitchen tools etc. In the institute, pooja or prayers were conducted and entrances to the departments were decorated with banana leaves, flower garlands and coloured motifs drawn on the ground.
The day seemed extra beautiful. The sky is a soft pastel blue with fluffy clouds, a gentle breeze refreshes the mind, while sweet songs of birds calmed the soul. Little things make a difference, like getting an auto without any hassle the night before, well rested from having a good night’s sleep, and a fast and smooth bus ride to work.
A festive lunch special was served in the mess this day as well. Food is much better, Indian sweets were given and there’s even ice-cream too! Since it was a festive holiday and mess will be closed for dinner, we decided to go out for dinner that evening. However, as I had put on a new experiment in the afternoon and there were 2 parts to the experiment, that meant I had to come back after dinner to continue part 2.
Dinner was at Nandhini Palace, where the guys had wanted to bring me for the longest time. We had fried chicken, Andhara style fried fish, golden prawns, gobi Manchurian, chicken briyani, egg curry dosai and romali roti, followed by sweet lassi and mosombi juice for the finishing touch.
By the time I completed my experiment and left the institute, it was already 10.30pm. This is the latest I had stayed in the institute so far. Basking in the festive mood, spirits were high as I walked out to take an auto back.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment