Thursday, October 30, 2008

Leftovers

Options for breakfast were dosa and bread toast. After a week of bread toast as the other guest couple will not have any other food for breakfast, I was happy to have dosa for a change. I missed Ranjit’s thin and crispy dosa along with freshly prepared coconut chutney…

Thick, wet and oily, the dosa was a disappointment. It was served with potato curry heated up in the microwave oven, which looked exactly like what I had for Sunday’s dinner! I asked for coconut chutney which never came. Eventually, I switched to bread toast after having one serving of the dosa.

The day was as unfruitful as my breakfast.

All day was spent performing analyses of the compound which I had synthesized on the HPLC instrument. Many peaks shown up on the spectra when only one peak was expected. That spelled bad news. The compound could have decomposed.

The other reaction that I carried out also did not give any positive results. More modifications to the reaction conditions and trials would be required.

Had an expensive bus ride home, as I found out, the red air-conditioned buses would cost me Rs10.00 for a trip back home from the institute!

I would next discover, in the freezer compartment, were cut fruits leftover from morning’s breakfast by the other guests…

No comments: