Sunday, October 5, 2008

Mooniversary

Borrowed the word “mooniversary” for the title of this entry from a friend who coined it together from “moon” for month and “anniversary” to mark my first month here in India.


Last Run

There was a heavy downpour in the early hours of the morning on Saturday. I had planned to do my last run in the institute before I move to my new place. Instead, I ran a fever, blew out my nose and stretched my lungs under the blankets in my bed…

What luck.. I still had to go to work and on top of that, I had yet to pack my stuffs for moving to the new place on Sunday. Arghhh…


New Home

Today, there were showers of blessings for my relocation to my new home: a room in a 3-storey house 2 kilometers north of the institute. The service apartment is located in a quiet estate, about 10 minutes walk from the main road, from where it’s another 30 minutes to the institute by walk or 10 minutes by car.

Breakfast comes with the room while lunch and dinner are charged separately. The service apartment is taken care of by Ranjit, a young little fellow who speaks Hindi and a little English. He holds the all keys to the house and also does the cooking. He is like a butler to the guests.


Mooniversary

My first relocation. My first falling sick. My first home-cooked dinner.

The rest of the “mooniversary” was spent unpacking and arranging things to make myself feel more at home, orienteering myself around the house, and getting to know my new little Indian butler.

No comments: