For the first time, I did not manage to finish my dinner. Dinner was so terrible, I couldn’t even eat half of it. Unfortunately, I will still need to pay Rs150 for tonight’s meal.
Shortly following a beeping sound from the microwave oven, one plate, on which was 2 pieces of roti and 3 tiffins was placed before me. The roti was so dry it tasted like hardened flour. The dal was cold while the capsicum and beans mix was severely overcooked and soaking in oil. Only the last tiffin containing stir-fry potato was palatable. No pappa, no salad, no curd.
The way dinner was served and the moment I tasted the food, I felt like I had just came from the queue in ‘A’ mess!
Perhaps I had got used to Ranjit’s cooking, the spread he always had for me and the way he presented the food. He will serve the food on a tray. 4 tiffins with a spoon each, one for dal, two for vegetables and one for curd. On my plate, he will place a piece of roti which he kept warm in a pot. On a smaller plate, he will place a piece of pappa. Salad comes nicely decorated in layers of cucumber, carrots and tomatoes on another plate. A glass of water will be by the side.
He will introduce each of the dishes to me, tell me what goes into each dish. He will ask if the food is tasty and whether I like the food and check periodically if I need more of any items.
I’ll give this new guy another chance. Otherwise, it’s time to try out the restaurants on New BEL Road.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My friend, Ranjit has "spoilt" you!
Post a Comment