Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Surprises Pleasant & Not-So-Pleasant

Surprise #1

Wrong compound given!

Supposed to start the experiment today after getting the starting material. Good thing we decided to perform an infrared test to confirm the functionality before using it for the experiment and found that the starting material given was not the compound that it was supposed to be! As a result we had to set up the experiment to perform the conversion of the compound to the correct functionality.


Surprise #2

BR asked what time I had to go and if 6.00pm is fine with me. I said ok until I realized he had meant to start the experiment at 6.00pm! As it was only 4.00pm, I asked if we could start earlier. He obliged and so we went about setting up the experiment and started it by 6.00pm.

However, I found out later that as a result, he had missed afternoon snack. Oops…


Surprise #3

A visitor from Singapore! Brought me mooncakes too!!! :)

No comments: