Sunday, September 7, 2008

First Days in Bangalore: 07-Sep-08

Sunday

I woke up to the pattering of raindrops on the leaves in the trees outside my room. Another rainy day. I stayed in bed for a little while, listening to the rhythm of the rain and soaking in the serenity.

Breakfast is hot Milo with bread and peanut butter jam. Yummy... I boiled water to fill up my 1L Nalgene bottle. I decided to attempt porridge with baby anchovies for dinner again. I boiled more water and put the rice and anchovies into the slow cooker.

Had planned to go to town today to get some fruits. However, I looked at the sky outside and took out Lonely Planet India to read and studied the city map book instead. Spent the afternoon writing, the rain and a good night’s rest somehow got my inspirations coming.

Finally by evening, the sun was out! Went for a short run around the institute, my first workout in 3 months. My fitness has since dropped to zero, I was already panting hard on flat ground just 10 minutes into the run. I had initially intended to do a 30min run, however, as I explored the surroundings, the run slowly stretched to an hour. It felt good to be running again. Most importantly, my feet seems fine after the run. No arch pain!

Dinner has been stewing since 11.30am this morning. The sweet smell of anchovies tantalizing my senses, feeling relaxed after a nice cold shower, I sat down to enjoy my dinner with the accompaniment of soft music from my laptop. Porridge never tasted this good…

I’m feeling excited to be working in the laboratory again. I’ve got my safety shoes, safety glasses and laboratory coat ready. Work will officially start tomorrow.

I received 4 smses today. Happyness!

5 comments:

WMZ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wow !! Congrats on your enjoyable run, and settling in to a fresh new place.

Looking forward to more posts from you, and maybe pictures too.

cavegirl said...

... listening to the rhythm of the rain and soaking in the serenity ...

... hai yah ... so poetic ...

... you are savouring the moment to its core ... so envious ...

... pls eating something else lah ... besides the "porridge + anchovies" ... ;-P

cavegirl said...

Oopss ... so engrossed reading and posting comments in your blog ... I was not aware that my phone had been ringing ... until I saw the list of missed calls ... one of them from B*$$ ... so pai seh ...

scubageer said...

wow, i thought you would write in Chinese, since you always sms me in Chinese. Reminds me of the good old days when I loved to write.

Anyway, like what the rest said, don't keep eating anchovies and porridge. not too good for health. I had a hard time in China for the past 6 yrs and I hate to see frens following my foot steps.