Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Day 02 at Work: 09-Sep-08

Ran between MBU and Organic Chemistry department umpteen times today, searching for literature, trying to identify chemical reagents and their availability, source for bench space and glassware, confirm experimental procedures… Nothing seems to be ready for the project. No chemicals, no procedures, no bench space allocated… Everything has to start from scratch. Managed to find 2 literature papers that seemed useful. Spent quite some time finalizing the procedure today.

Professor RV is very enthusiastic in getting the project started. He’s understanding though, that we need to get things set up, order the chemicals, make arrangements with Organic Chemistry department on bench space and stuffs. After all, it’s not our laboratory and we need their cooperation. Hopefully we can sort out the logistical issues and get some experiments going by this week.

Ujjwal treated all the folks in Professor RV’s group to tea today. Reason: he won the Mr Freshie award during the welcome party last Friday. During tea, they joked that this is a good tradition and since I’m also considered a freshie and I should give them a treat as well.

My laundry finally came back after 2 days and many reminders, and WET. I feedback to the guest house staff, “Tomorrow, Ma’am”, he said. Earlier on, I asked another staff about setting up internet connections on my laptop as til today, I have not been successful despite many attempts. “Tomorrow”, again was the reply. It seems that “Tomorrow” is always the solution...

I’m having marbles in my head. Culprit is probably the air in the chemistry laboratory today. That familiar smell and the good old days…

No comments: