Monday, September 8, 2008

Day 01 at Work: 08-Sep-08

First day at work, met up with Professor NJ from the Organic Chemistry Department. We’ll be using the molecules synthesized in his laboratory to couple with the HIV protein isolated in Professor RV laboratory.

Spent the day searching the internet looking up references and reading up on literature pertaining to the coupling reaction. Will need to check if the necessary chemicals are available in the laboratory.

Joined the folks for lunch at the mess. Most of them stayed in the hostels and pay a monthly charge for food. Guests need to be signed in and the amount will be charged to the host. I did not know about that, until I asked about payment, then I realized lunch is on Bharat, as he’s the one who signed me in.

The sky opened up just when I was about to go back. I waited a little while and the rain simmered down to a light drizzle. Feeling saturated from all the new information, I decided to take a slow walk back. The fresh crisp air in the coolness of the night is welcoming while I pass between the raindrops. A cold shower followed by a cup of hot chamomile tea awaits.

A sudden loud crashing sound broke through the gentle melody of the night. Startled, I looked out of the window only to see darkness. I got back to my writing. Worried, I called the office. 5 minutes passed, a sudden burst of door bell shook me out of my thoughts. It’s the guest house staff. With a smile, he assured me it’s only the rain and falling branches and there are people patrolling outside. Should there be anything, I could call him again.

I hope I get to sleep well tonight. Tomorrow will be another long day…


Quote of the day:
“屋外雨落狂,屋内茶香静。丝丝音律飘,静思一日勤。"

No comments: